META is introducing Digital Collectibles (NFTs) on Instagram. This feature includes the following:
- “Connecting a digital wallet. Once connected, creators and collectors will have the ability to choose which NFTs from their wallet they would like to share on Instagram.
- Sharing digital collectibles. Once a creator or collector posts a digital collectible, it will have a shimmer effect and can display public information, such as a description of the NFT. Posts will also be visible on their profile.
- Automatic tagging of both the creator and collector. The creator and collector can be automatically attributed in the digital collectible post (subject to their privacy settings).“ – about.fb.com
Now, I have two main concerns:
- Once you link your wallet to META through the KYC process you are not that anonymous anymore . So where is the web3 anonymous advantage?
- There is no news about data & security. Each year META ‘losses’ the data of hundreds of millions users due to different cyber attacks. Who will guarantee this will not happen here too?